Thursday 7 August 2014

Isometric Pad Preorder Offer

The next Squarehex pad of printed mapping paper will be an Isometric Graph Pad. The regular price will be £2.00 for a 30 sheet A4 pad. However, buy them before August 26th and you can get them for just 99p each.  Flat rate shipping in the UK is £2.90.  You may order as many other items as you like along with your preorder but they will only ship when the preordered items are ready. Overseas orders are welcome. Overseas shipping is calculated on the site, but I manually check all overseas orders and refund the difference if it is more than £1 greater than the actual cost.

The sheets in this pad will be litho-printed in light grey, landscape format, and glued to a card backboard. I've used dotted lines for the vertical lines so they are less intrusive. The sides of the triangles are all 7mm which means drawing maps isn't too cramped.

Here's a link to the preorder page: https://squarehex.myshopify.com/collections/square-hex-pads/products/a4-isometric-pad-7mm-sides


I'll still be back with another new Kickstarter in the near future, but I wanted to try out a preorder to see what response it gets.  The main advantages it has over a Kickstarter are the faster turnaround (Kickstarter makes you wait over 2 weeks to get the funds after a campaign), and avoiding the 10-12% fees of a Kickstarter.

4 comments:

  1. You know Peter, your stuff never seems to fail to get funded. If you want to use a crowd-funder in the future, you might experiment with Indiegogo, which has lower fees I think. And also when people fund using paypal, it is deposited in a paypal account right away, provided you chose the option to receive funding whether you meet the goal or not (KS is an 'all-or-nothing' platform, which I don't like). Of course, some people (such as myself) don't want to use paypal...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Indiegogo, but because I'm established with Kickstarter, staying with them has some marketing advantages. The reason I opted for a preorder was just to see what response it would get and get it printed and delivered really quickly. My next Kickstarter will be for a Gamer's Notebook (A6 wiro-bound book with grid and lined pages). However, my golden rule with Kickstarters is to only launch a new one once the previous campaign's rewards have all been sent. Any UK customers that want to avoid Paypal are most welcome to pay by cheque by the way as I walk past the bank at least once a week.

      Delete
  2. I'm trying to get an estimate on the shipping to USA. The calculator on the cart doesn't seem to work. Ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have a look at the calculator. In the meantime the pads weigh 180g each plus a little extra for packaging. For the US the delivery for 1 pad should be £5, for 2 pads £7.80, 3 £10.60, 4 £13.40, 5 £13.40, 6 £16.20 regardless of what the site charges I manually check every overseas order and refund the difference if it overcharges by more than £1.00 If you have a large or complex order send me an email and I'm more than happy to check the weight and sort it directly.

      Delete